Ocean City, MD Vacation Rental Policies and Lodging Agreement
Making a Reservation
Reservations for Ocean City MD vacation rentals couldn't be easier!
You may make your reservation for Ocean City Rentals, on-line from this site at any time of day or night. Your choice will be “reserved” for you immediately, and we will call you within 24 hours to confirm and to accept your payment information.
You may call our toll free reservation number, 1-800-756-8223 during business hours from anywhere in the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands. Our dedicated rental staff will gladly assist you with your selection, answer any questions, and make your reservation over the phone. If you prefer, you may call toll-free direct to any of our satellite offices to book a reservation at The 9400 Condominium (1.866.410.9405), Braemar Towers (1.800.723.5597), Century I (1.888.897.2488), The Rainbow (1.888.524.3042) or Sea Watch (1.866.WATCH-01).
You may also visit one of our offices in person to reserve your vacation rental. If you choose to come in person, most properties may be seen when unoccupied. You may even wish to "preview" your chosen vacation home by renting it for a weekend off-season, if that option is available.
Finally, you may mail us your reservation request with a 50% advance rent deposit.
We are open all year, seven days a week, except holidays in the Winter, and Christmas week. Our hours are from 9:00 to 5:00 every day, except Sundays from September through December. Our satellite offices on-site at major condominium complexes may observe an abbreviated schedule during the winter months, but their phone lines continue to be answered whenever our main office is open.
We accept advance reservations in all properties for the Ocean City MD peak season (from Memorial Day to the third week in September) by the full week. Weekly rentals run Friday to Friday, Saturday to Saturday, Sunday to Sunday or Monday to Monday, depending upon the property, as indicated in the description. We also accept advance “mini-week” reservations in some properties for the peak season, as indicated in the description. Mini-week rentals run from Friday to Monday (3 nights) or Monday to Friday (4 nights).
When you make your reservation, we will send you a Lodging Agreement with complete details. You may pay your advance rent deposit by MasterCard, VISA, or Discover, or by check if more than 30 days prior to your reservation start date. If you choose to send a check, your reservation will be held for you for up to five days to allow time for your deposit to arrive.
What To Expect When You Rent A Condominium
CENTURY 21 New Horizon is the exclusive agent representing the owners of each of the properties presented on this Website. Each property is privately owned and decorated with the personal touches, taste and care of the individual beach home owner.
Your accommodations will receive housekeeping service before you arrive, but there is no maid service during your stay. Units are set up for your own light housekeeping, and include cooking and eating utensils, but to be sure you have what you want, you may want to bring any special small appliances or your favorite frying pan.
All properties are equipped with a CATV cable or a satellite connection to receive a variety of networks and local channels. HBO and other premium cable services are not provided unless noted in the description. Color televisions are provided as a courtesy of the owner unless otherwise indicated in the description. High-speed internet service may be available in some properties, but only if indicated in the description.
Telephones are provided in most of our condominiums and houses for free local and credit card long distance calling. Sorry, but we do not allow our personnel to deliver messages. If you expect mail or phone messages to be delivered to our offices, you may pick them up during business hours.
Vacation rental guests must adhere to all rules of the condominium building or neighborhood in which they are renting, and the Ocean City MD noise ordinance. Sorry, absolutely no pets are allowed, except in those few properties which accept dogs for an additional fee, as noted in the property description. No Smoking is permitted in any of our vacation rental properties, unless otherwise specified in the property description.
During the prime season, some properties accept advance reservations for “mini-weeks”, as indicated in the property description. Nightly rentals in season are also sometimes available in many properties when last-minute vacancies exist. Except for mini-weeks where offered, we cannot accept advance reservations for nightly rentals in season any earlier than a week prior to the dates you desire.
Several of our properties are available for short stays of two nights or more off-season. There is generally a two-night minimum; a three-night minimum may be required on some holiday weekends.
What To Bring With You
Please bring a strong appreciation for the good life!
You must also bring your own bed sheets and pillow cases (bed spreads and blankets are provided), towels, paper products, soaps, laundry and dishwashing detergents, beach blankets, and other beach gear.
There are local vendors who rent linens, televisions, baby cribs and beach equipment. You may make arrangements for these through our office prior to your arrival date, if you so choose.
Important Vacation Rental Policies
The advance rent deposit required on all rentals is approximately one-half of the rent plus tax and fees. A total tax of 10.5% (6.0% State and 4.5% Local) is added to all rentals. The balance is due 30 days prior to check-in. Failure to pay the balance when due may subject you to a late fee.
We accept no personal or business checks unless received 30 days or more prior to check-in. MasterCard, Visa, and Discover are accepted prior to check in.
Check-in time is between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. on the reservation start date. (Check our office for special check-in requirements at the Capri.) To assure proper care and preparation of the vacation rental property, we cannot give out keys before 3:00 p.m. in season.
Our offices normally close at 5:00 p.m. For late arrival (after 5:00 p.m.) you must make advance arrangements with us. Payment in full in advance is required for all check-ins after 5:00 p.m. and an additional service charge of $25.00 may be charged for special check-in needs after office hours.
Check-out time is prior to 10:00 a.m. on the day of departure. This is strictly enforced during the season.
In case of cancellation, a fee of 16% of the total rent will be charged. Cancellations will receive no refund unless the property is re-rented for the full amount of time and at the full price.
All guests who sign for a property are financially responsible for damage to the property, whether made by themselves, their family or their guests. A cash damage deposit or an optional accidental damage waiver fee will be required in advance to secure your responsibility for any damages. These may not cover the full extent of your liability in the event of excessive damages to the property.
Specified limits on the number of occupants must be observed. Absolutely no sub-renting is permitted.
CENTURY 21 New Horizon is not responsible for articles left in rental units, or theft of any kind. If your missing items are found and identified, we will return them to you.
We rent to families and financially responsible adults who comply with stated rules of conduct. We reserve the right to exercise good business judgment in rental administration.
All rates and details on this Website and in our vacation rental catalogs and brochures were checked for accuracy at the time of publication. Rates and details are subject to change, and CENTURY 21 New Horizon is not responsible for printing or publication errors.
Lodging Agreement Terms and Conditions
PAYMENT AND CHECK-IN PROCEDURES
1. Advance Payment and Confirmation. You must sign this original “Lodging Agreement” and return it to us with any “Payment Due Now” by [date 5 days after booking date]. . Please keep “Your Copy”. This agreement does not bind us until we acknowledge your payment with a “Confirmation”. If we do not receive your signed “Lodging Agreement” and payment by the date specified, we may re-rent the unit without notifying you. Your payment is acknowledgement of your acceptance of all of this Agreement, even if you have not signed the Agreement. In correspondence, please use the name printed on this agreement as “Registered Guest”.
2. Balance Due. The rent balance (plus a Damage Deposit if you declined the Damage Protection) and any other remaining fees are due thirty (30) days prior to your scheduled arrival date. You may pay by check, VISA, MasterCard, or Discover card. No checks are accepted less than thirty days prior to check-in.
3. Damage Protection or Deposit. You have the option to purchase a non-refundable Damage Protection Plan for $50.00 (included in your itemized charges), protecting you from liability for theft or accidental property damage within the unit up to $3,000.00. If you choose not to purchase the Damage Protection, a $450.00 damage deposit will be required thirty (30) days prior to your scheduled arrival date. The damage deposit will be returned approximately forty (40) days after your departure, if there are no damages. Your liability for damages is not limited to the amount of the coverage provided by the Damage Protection Plan nor to the amount of the alternative damage deposit. Covered damage must be reported on a claim form before departure to avoid being charged for the damage.
4. Check-In. Check-in is between 3:00 and 5:00 PM at a CENTURY 21 New Horizon office, as follows: for 9400 Condominium, Century I, Braemar Towers, Rainbow and Sea Watch, check-in at our on-site office located in each of these buildings. For all other properties, check in at 8606 Coastal Highway, Ocean City. Bring your “Confirmation” of this Lodging Agreement when checking in. Keys are not available until your unit is ready for occupancy. Our office closes at 5:00 PM. Check-in after closing is discouraged, and must be pre-arranged with us before 5:00 PM on [the starting date of your reservation]. If you have not checked-in within 24 hours of check-in time and have not called our office, your pre-paid rent and any other advance payments will be forfeited and we may re-rent the unit.
5. Cancellation Policy. If you must cancel your reservation, we will make every attempt to re-rent the unit for the same period and rent amount that you have contracted for. If we do re-rent for the same period and rent amount, you will receive a refund less 16% of the full rent you had agreed to. If we are unable to re-rent the unit as specified, you will forfeit all monies prepaid on your account.
6. Processing Fee. There is a non-refundable [itemized] processing fee for this reservation, plus tax, included in your charges.
7. Easter Seals. We are a proud supporter and fund-raiser for Easter Seals. Your charges include a voluntary contribution of one dollar to Easter Seals. You may accept, delete, or increase this contribution. (Please initial any changes in the yellow dialogue box [provided].)
8. Guest Liability. By signing this Lodging Agreement as the “Registered Guest”, you acknowledge that you are also the spouse, parent, guardian, adult child of, or otherwise legally responsible for, all others in your party who may occupy the unit, unless and except if they have also signed this Lodging Agreement as co-Guest. All co-Guests must sign this Agreement and are jointly and severally liable. This Agreement may not be signed by a minor, under 18 years of age. You may not sell, assign, nor sublet all or any part of your interests in this Lodging Agreement. By signing below as the Registered Guest or co-Guest, you accept all of the terms and conditions of this Lodging Agreement, including all of those printed on the reverse side [paragraphs 10 through 35 which follow below], and you acknowledge any credit card charges for it.
9. Thank You. We appreciate your patronage, and look forward to hosting your visit. If you enjoy yourself, please tell your friends. If not, please tell us.
WHAT’S PROVIDED AND WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
10. The unit includes all furnishings required for normal living conditions, except linens, soaps and paper products. You must furnish your own sheets, pillow cases, towels, soap, toilet paper and paper towels. (CAUTION: Automatic dishwashers, wherever provided, require automatic dishwashing detergent. Ordinary liquid dishwashing detergents will damage the appliance and cause overflowing of suds & water, for which you will be held responsible.)
11. Pillows, bedspreads and blankets are provided, however theses are for use as bedding on the beds only. You must bring your own blankets and towels for use on the beach, by the pool, on the balcony, etc. Units are set up for light housekeeping, including cooking and eating utensils, but you may want to bring your favorite special utensils. All units are equipped with cable/satellite hookup for TV. Internet access is provided only if so indicated in the details about your unit. Some buildings offer pay-for-use wireless service.
12. You may arrange to rent cribs, highchairs, strollers, TV’s and linens from an outside service through our office, by advance reservation. Please keep in mind that no maid service is provided during your stay. A vacuum cleaner is available for your personal use in most units.
13. Unless otherwise indicated, the unit includes one parking space. A nominal fee may be required by the building’s Condominium Association for a parking permit. Unauthorized vehicles parked in spaces on private parking lots are subject to towing or ticketing and a fine under Ocean City ordinances. Agent/Owner will not be held liable for towing of vehicles.
14. A telephone is provided in some units. If provided, the phone number is printed in the “About Your Accommodations” section on the front of this Agreement. Local calls are free, but you are urged to use a cell phone for long distance. You will be billed for any toll calls appearing on the bill for the time period of your stay, plus an administrative fee.
15. Sorry, we cannot deliver messages left for you at our office. Leave the phone number of your rental unit or your cell phone with the folks at home. In the event of an emergency, family or friends at home may call the Ocean City Police phone number (410-723-6600). The Police are open 24 hours a day.
CONDITION OF THE UNIT
16. Rental units managed by CENTURY 21 New Horizon are privately owned and reflect the personal needs and tastes of the individual Owners. Our standards are high. However, the condition of the unit as well as the furnishings will vary according to the Owner’s desires.
17. By accepting this Lodging Agreement as a rental “Guest”, you agree to be responsible for any damage to the dwelling or grounds and to the furnishing which occur during your stay through act or negligence of you, your family, friends or social guests. You agree to surrender the property at the time and date specified in as good condition as it was at the beginning of your stay, except for reasonable wear and tear, act of God, and/or other causes over which you have no control. If the unit is not left in satisfactory condition, you will be charged for repair and restoration to satisfactory condition, plus lost rents. Damages will be charged to your credit card, or your deposit will be forfeited to the extent of the damages and you will be billed for any damage in excess of these limits.
18. Upon arrival, you should notify us immediately of any missing or inoperative furnishings or equipment, of any weak or unsafe conditions which may result in injury, or of any cleaning issues. Occupancy by you and/or your party shall be conclusive evidence that the unit is in satisfactory condition and as represented. During your stay, please report any new problems to our office promptly, so that we might attend to them more efficiently for your safety and comfort, and that of future guests. We are not liable for unreported problems.
19. We cannot guarantee air conditioners, televisions, appliances, Internet service etc., and no refund or rate adjustment will be made for mechanical failure. We will make every effort to keep air conditioners, televisions, appliances, Internet service etc. in good working order, and in the case of a breakdown, we will strive to repair the breakdown as soon as possible after being notified by you of the problem. You will be responsible for the cost of repairing clogged toilets or garbage disposals and other abusive equipment failures during your stay. Common area facilities, including swimming pools, operated by condominium/homeowners associations are outside of our control and we assume no responsibility or liability for them.
20. In the event of a hurricane or other cause of voluntary or mandatory evacuation during the time period of your reservation, there will be no refund of rent for the evacuation period. If you purchased travel insurance your loss and related expenses may be covered; check your policy. If in our sole determination, the unit is rendered wholly unfit for occupancy during your stay due to fire damage or other casualty (asides from voluntary or mandatory evacuation), through no fault or negligence of yours, nor of your family, friends or social guests, you shall be entitled to a rebate, apportioned pro rata according to the length of time that such condition exists.
RULES, REGULATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
21. The premises shall be used solely as private dwelling accommodations for and by the “Guest(s)” who signs this Lodging Agreement, and his/her family, during the specified rental period. At all times during the rental period, no one shall be permitted to occupy the property unless the “Guest” who signs this Agreement also occupies the property and abides on the premises over night. Occupancy is strictly limited to the number of adults and children specified on the front of this Agreement. House parties are not allowed under any circumstances. Should a house party be found or reported in your unit, or occupancy in excess of the specified limits, your occupancy will be terminated immediately with no refund. No kegs or controlled substances are allowed in the unit. Police calls to the unit during your stay may be grounds for immediate removal from the unit and forfeiture of all rents and deposits.
22. You and all in your party must abide by the by-laws and house rules of the Condominium in which your unit is located, including restrictions against loud noise, late night partying and the hanging of any objects over exterior railings. You may not post or hang any signs, pictures, flags or ornamental objects, nor put holes or hooks on any interior or exterior wall or surface of the property. Violations of any of these provisions may be grounds for immediate removal from the unit, forfeiture of all rents and deposits.
23. Ocean City has adopted a Noise Control Ordinance that makes it unlawful to cause or permit noise levels which exceed those established by the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene of the State of Maryland (COMAR 10.20.01). It shall be a violation of this Agreement and grounds for eviction under Maryland law if these noise levels are exceeded as a result of activity on this property. Ocean City has other noise ordinances, which are criminal offenses if violated.
24. Local ordinance and fire marshal regulations prohibit the use of barbecue grills on balconies and porches.
25. No pets of any kind are allowed inside or outside your unit, and no smoking of any kind is allowed inside your unit, unless permission for “pets” or “smoking” is clearly specified in your contract. Violations of this restriction are grounds for immediate removal from the unit, forfeiture of all rents and deposits and/or a charge of $300 as a special clean-up fee.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
26. All of our rental property is privately owned. Occupancy may be refused or terminated for any cause considered sufficient by CENTURY 21 New Horizon, in which case any rent and/or deposits will be refunded pro rata, unless otherwise specified in this Agreement. We reserve the right to substitute alternative lodging accommodations if circumstances require. If for any reason whatsoever, you are denied access to this property or alternative accommodations, Owner and Agent’s liability shall be limited to the return of all funds paid on account by you.
27. If you, or any of your party, violate any of the conditions or restrictions of this Lodging Agreement, we may terminate the Agreement and enter the premises, and you shall forfeit all rents, advance rents, deposits and other payments. Upon notice of termination of the Agreement, you shall vacate the premises immediately.
28. To the extent possible, all housekeeping and maintenance will be done while the unit is vacant. However, housekeeping personnel may enter and remain in the unit as late as 6:30 p.m. on the date of your arrival, if necessary. The Owner or any authorized employee, repairman or agent of CENTURY 21 New Horizon may reasonably enter the unit during business hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm for any purpose connected with the inspection, repair, care or maintenance of the unit or any of the contents. Repairs are limited to 9 to 5.
29. All rents, advance payments, damage deposits and other charges will be deposited in an account with an insured financial institution. This may be an interest-bearing account, with interest accruing to the benefit of CENTURY 21 New Horizon. Advance rents will be paid to the property Owner on a monthly basis.
30. It is mutually understood and agreed that CENTURY 21 New Horizon is acting only as an agent for the property Owner and has no liability to either party for the other’s performance of any terms or covenants of this agreement.
CHECK OUT PROCEDURES
31. Check out time is between 9:00 AM and 10:00 AM. You should leave your unit in as good condition as you found it, realizing that housekeeping personnel have a limited time for cleaning before the next occupancy. Failure to return keys by check-out time may result in an additional late check out charge. Remaining in or re-entering the property after returning the keys shall be considered trespassing. No Trespassing Permitted.
32. Before departing, please clean and put away all cooking and eating utensils, clean all left over food and supplies from the refrigerator and cabinets, replace bedspreads on the beds, fold and return blankets to the closet, return furniture to its original location, turn off air conditioning, close all windows and drapes, lock all doors, and carry the trash out with you as you leave. Make sure that everyone who helps you pack for the trip home knows what you brought with you and what belongs in the unit. We will not be responsible for items left in the unit, but we will make a reasonable effort to return them if found and identified.
33. The refrigerator should be left on at all times.
34. In the winter, off-season, turn heat to a low setting (45°-50°). Do not turn the heat off.
35. Immediately after leaving the unit, please return all keys, pool and parking passes, etc. to the same CENTURY 21 New Horizon office as where you received them, so that we can make them ready for the check-in of subsequent guests. You will be charged for keys and passes not turned in to our office. The unit will be checked, and your damage security deposit, if any, will be mailed back to you, or you will be notified of damages and billed for any excess charges, within approximately forty days of your departure.rev 10-21-13